Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update.





A lot has been happening in Vancouver since the last time we posted.
Recently, in downtown Vancouver at Pacific Centre a new H&M flagship store and the first Apple Store in Western Canada had their respective grand openings.
I must say, the new H&M was quite a sight, dare say "boxing day in May".
I went this weekend on Saturday (two days after their official grand opening) and it was PACKED, filled with anxious shoppers scrambling for sizes, and even fighting over clothes.
This new H&M is a new Vancouver fashion mecca. However, there's really no need to scramble and fight over clothes there because a salesgirl happened to spill the beans on H&M's current success: new shipments DAILY. That's right DAILY. I've never heard of any store that does so well that they need to restock daily.

Some of my favourite picks:














H&M is available @ Pacific Centre, Coquitlam Centre and Lougheed Town Centre.
Happy Shopping :)


all images courtesy of http://www.hm.com

PAFICIC CE
NTRE APPLE STORE GRAND OPENING
So, I found out
that the first 1,000 people through the door of the Apple Store in Vancouver get a limited edition T-shirt that says "(apple picture) Pacific Centre" from Stylespy.com, so how could I resist? I woke up at approximately 7AM on Saturday, thinking that I would beat the traffic and get there to line up first. However, I decided that there wouldn't be that many people there since all the products being sold at the Apple Store could be purchased elsewhere-the iphone was not released on grand opening day which was quite surprising as that would have probably generated skyrocketing sales. So, by the time I actually got downtown around 10am ish the amount of people in the line was surprising. A HUGE line came out of Pacific Centre and wrapped almost all the way around to the dome area. I ended up buying a clear ipod nano case since they had them in stock and were pretty much sold out everywhere else I looked. I was lucky enough to be in the first 1,000 people and I got the tshirt :)!...although I still haven't opened the box yet...

No comments: